If you want need more time to complete your master’s or doctoral degree, you need to fill out a Request for Time Extension form. Below are step-by-step instructions.
- Complete a copy of the Request for Time Extension form for master’s students or doctoral students
- Include a detailed time line determined by you and validated by signature and date of your major professor containing steps to completion of the degree within the requested time extension (see Page 3-4 of this form).
- Obtain signatures on the application for extension from:
- the Major Professor
- the Program Coordinator or Director
- the Department Chair
- the College or School Dean
- the Graduate Dean signs after final review.
4. Include letters from:
- Student (indicating justification and requested terms/conditions of extension request.)
- Major Professor (clearly stating what additional coursework is needed; if none is needed, explain how the student is current in coursework; spell out the terms/conditions of the extension request.)
- Program Coordinator (endorsing a & b above; may provide additional information)
- Department Chair (endorsing a, b, & c above; may provide additional information)
5. Include current degree plan with grades.
6. Include resume showing student ID#, place of employment, position and title, work/professional experience, etc.