Request for Extension of Time to Complete Degree
If you need more time to complete your master’s or doctoral degree, you must fill out a Request for Time Extension form. Below are the step-by-step instructions.
- Complete a copy of the Request for Time Extension form for master’s students or doctoral students .
- Include a detailed timeline determined by you and validated by signature and date of your major professor containing steps to completion of the degree within the requested time extension (see Page 3-4 of the form).
- Include letters from:
- Student, indicating justification and requested terms/conditions of extension request.
- Major Professor, clearly stating what additional coursework is needed; if none is needed, explain how the student is current in coursework; spell out the terms/conditions of the extension request.
- Program Coordinator, endorsing the student and major professor information provided from above; may provide additional information.
- Department Chair, endorsing the student, major professor and program coordinator information provided from above; may provide additional information.
- the Major Professor
- the Program Coordinator or Director
- the Department Chair
- the College or School Dean
- the Graduate Dean signs after final review
This page contains pdf documents. You can download a free pdf reader here.