After lots of hard work, graduation is quickly approaching for many of you. To graduate, complete the application steps listed below.
Please submit questions to firstname.lastname@example.org; include your name and student ID # to help ensure a speedy response.
Applying for Graduation
It is the responsibility of the student to file the appropriate graduate degree applications with the Toulouse Graduate School (TGS). The application window will be open the same time registration for classes becomes available (please see deadlines below). Your completed application should include:
- Graduation Application Login and apply to graduate online. Your application will only be accepted if you have a cumulative GPA of 3.00.
- Approved Degree Plan. If you do not have an approved Degree Plan on file with TGS upon applying for Graduation, processing of your application will be delayed until a Degree Plan is submitted by your academic department. You will be copied via email on any correspondence with your department regarding this issue. It is your responsibility to make sure that a plan is submitted to TGS by your department.
- UNT Graduating Student Survey
- Survey of Earned Doctorates (Doctoral Students only). [Mac users: Open the form in Adobe Acrobat and use the “save via email” link at the bottom.]
After submitting your graduation application, if you need to make a correction or add information, please send an email to email@example.com with details, including your name and student ID#.
If you are pursuing more than one degree, you will need to submit a separate application for each degree.
Want to Know the Status of Your Application?
Once you have submitted the graduation application and completed all the required degree steps, you should be on track to graduate. Here are a few questions you can ask yourself to ensure you have completed all the necessary items:
- Am I admitted to the program that I have applied to graduate from?
- Do I have an approved degree plan on file with the Graduate School?
- Have I completed all of the coursework listed on my degree plan?
- Have I finished the courses that I received an incomplete in? Has my department submitted a grade change for the course(s)?
- Have I scheduled my comprehensive exam, defense date or project evaluation (depending on your program/degree plan)? Will my results be sent to the Graduate School by the deadline located on the Graduation Calendar (see below)?
- Have I ordered my regalia through the UNT Barnes & Noble Bookstore?
You can contact the graduation office at the graduate school at firstname.lastname@example.org if there are specific questions on the above items. Be sure to include your name and student ID # to help us assist you quickly.
Have a General Question?
Please be sure to check our FAQ page for more information.
Need Commencement Ceremony Information?
Name cards and detailed information will be sent via US mail by the Registrar’s Office to the mailing address you have on file in your student portal (https://my.unt.edu), so please be sure to update that as needed. If you have applied for graduation in the current term and have not received this information via US mail within 3 weeks prior to the ceremony, please contact us through email@example.com.
We’ll keep you updated!
"Like" us on Facebook to receive updates on deadlines, ceremony timelines and answers to frequently asked questions.
|Instructions||Fall 2014||Spring 2015||Summer 2015|
|Graduation Application window opens||March 31, 2014||October 27, 2014|
March 30, 2015
|Graduation Application window closes. This is the last day that applications for the semester will be accepted.||September 8, 2014||February 2, 2015||June 8, 2015|
|Departments must submit results of final exam/project defense to the Graduate School, remove grades of "I" in all prior required courses, submit degree plan changes and file proof of completion of foreign language requirement (if applicable)||October 24, 2014||March 27, 2015||July 6, 2015|
|Thesis/Dissertation due in the Graduate School (if applicable). Results of Final Defense due from Departments (if applicable)||October 24, 2014||March 27, 2015||June 26, 2015|
|Edited thesis/dissertation incorporating Reader's corrections, due in the Graduate School (if applicable)||December 5, 2014||May 8, 2015||August 7, 2015|
|Master's Commencement and Doctoral Commencement & Hooding Ceremony||Official University Schedule||Official University Schedule||Official University Schedule|
Master’s Degree: No fees
Master’s Degree & Thesis: $20 archiving, $25 microfilming
Doctoral Degree & Dissertation: $20 archiving, $25 microfilming
If your application was submitted late, you'll receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org within 14 days alerting you that the fee has been added to your account and is ready to pay. Beginning Fall 2014, there will no longer be an on-time and late application period, and all applications will be considered on-time if submitted within the window.
If you are writing a paper, appropriate fees will be added to your account when your final, defended paper is submitted to the Graduate School. An email from email@example.com will alert you that payment is due.A $25 late processing fee will apply to all applications received after the first deadline as listed above. Late fees will no longer be applicable beginning Fall 2014.
Students who wish to take advantage of additional ProQuest services (such as ProQuest's "Open Access" publishing option) will need to pay any additional fees directly to ProQuest.
Graduation Commencement, Regalia, Announcements & Diplomas
Information regarding the Doctoral and Masters Commencement Ceremony will be sent by the Registrar’s Office approximately 3 weeks prior to graduation via U.S. mail to the mailing address you have on file with UNT. You can review and update your mailing address online at my.unt.edu.
Please contact Barnes & Noble UNT to order regalia, either by visiting their campus location at 1700 Chestnut Street, Denton, TX 76203, by phone at 940-565-2592, or on the web at unt.bncollege.com/.
Diplomas are mailed approximately 8 to 10 weeks after graduation to the mailing address on file with UNT. You can review and update your mailing address online at my.unt.edu.
This page contains pdf documents. You can download a free pdf reader here.