Whether it’s writing your first research paper or your final dissertation, we've collected a variety of useful sources to make the process a little easier.
- Thesis and Dissertation Manual
- UNT Office of Research Consulting
- UNT Writing Laboratory
- Free Editing Help for Nonnative English Speakers, from Dr. Ryan Boettger, UNT Assistant Professor, Linguistics and Technical Communication
- UNT Academic Integrity
- UNT Copyright Resources
- UNT Libraries Copyright Basics
- UNT Digital Library (Thesis and dissertation collection)
- Office of Research Integrity and Compliance (IRB and IACUC)
- Office of Technology Transfer (IP disclosure forms, NDAs, etc)
- Grant Writing Resources
- Graduate Student Research and Fellowship Support Program
- Indiana University: What It Is and How To Recognize and Avoid It (Plagiarism)
- VAIL (Virtual Academic Integrity Laboratory) Tutor
- CBB Plagiarism Resource Site
- Plagiarism vs. Copyright Infringement
Reproducing Copyrighted Material
- US Copyright Office: The Four Fair Use Provisions
- 10 Big Myths about copyright explained
- ALA Digital Slider, for determining copyright status
Online Resources & Style Guides
- Beall’s List (list of potential, possible or probable "predatory" scholarly open-access publishers)
- Demystifying the Dissertation Proposal, from The Chronicle of Higher Education by Dr. Leonard Cassuto
- Chicago Manual of Style
- Internet Public Library: Citing Electronic Information
- Guide for Proposal Writing, from the National Science Foundation
- The Good, The Bad & The Ugly: or, Why It's a Good Idea to Evaluate Web Sources (New Mexico State University)
- UNT University Writing Award is sponsored through the Faculty Senate for undergraduate and graduate student works.
- Networked Digital Library of Electronic Theses & Dissertations (NTLTD) offers awards for the most technologically innovative electronic dissertation
- Dissertation awards from the Colleges of Business, Education and Information are available directly from these colleges. Please contact them directly for more information.
- The UNT Libraries' “Most Innovative ETD” Award recognizes an ETD authors’ efforts to enhance public access and use of ETDs through the creative and innovative uses of technologies. Although all UNT ETDs that use multimedia objects are eligible for this award, priority will be given to ETDs that are distributed online as open access.
- The Toulouse Dissertation Award recognizes individuals whose dissertation makes a significant contribution to their field of study. This award is open to recent doctoral graduates and doctoral students who have completed their dissertation.
This page contains pdf documents. You can download a free pdf reader here.